Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3--Leaving is so bittersweet...

So day 3. This day is always sad. It's not the day of the year, but the day we leave our New York Family. We ALL get sad. But I will say, Abby gets more sad than us all. I believe she cried all the way to the airport from East Hampton (2 1/2 hours), she cried a bit at the airport, she cried on the flight. Then I think she was done.

We were all happy to get home. So happy to have our own beds we snuggled as a family in our big parent bed for a while before sending everyone off to sleep... even though it was 11 pm or so... (won't admit to later than that! LOL)

Even though there was some bittersweet feelings today, I feel very happy and extremely thankful for the relationship that my kids have with their cousins. They just love each other so much and this is why they are so sad when we leave. The reason is ultimately good. Here are our goodbye pics:








No comments:

Post a Comment